Friday 3 June 2011

March 2011 - Grace in Which We Stand


Greetings blessed of God.

I cannot help but get more and more excited at all Father is doing.  Everywhere I look I see the hand of our Father.

This month we have a great opportunity to grow in the area of walking in the blessing of our Father.  I would encourage you to take advantage of this.  Learn the blessings God designed you to both receive and give.  Freely receive so that you may freely give.

While there is much that could be said about blessing, I have something else burning in my heart that I hope you can grasp.  I feel as though, like Paul, I have a “stewardship of God’s grace that was given to me for your benefit.” (Eph. 3:2, NAB)  I will do my best in this little space to convey it.

What I have to share with you is from Romans 5:1-2

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (Rom. 5:1-2, NKJV)

Now, if we have fully grasped the complete justification that is ours through faith, then we have access through Christ into an amazing grace.  This grace is not something that is strived for or sought after – we are standing in it.  There is a progression here.  By faith we appropriate the justification that accomplishes and ensures our complete access into this grace in which we stand.

Now, if we fully grasp the grace in which we are standing, we can move forward in to the triumphant boasting in the hopeful assurance of encountering the glory of God!  I truly believe we are standing in an amazing time of grace that is moving us from glory to glory into the full image of the Son of God. (2 Cor. 3:18)  This grace we are standing in is not simply God’s favour but is God’s enabling power.  Paul understood this when he wrote, “… I laboured more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” (1 Cor. 15:10, NKJV)

The grace of God is at work in our midst.  We are being empowered in this hour to enter into a fullness we have never experienced.  Let us put our faith in Him who justifies us and cleanses us from all sin.  His love and grace is overcoming many obstacles.  Let us stand firmly in the grace of God and move forward into His glory together.

Loving you all,

Pastor Merril

No comments:

Post a Comment